14 5 / 2013
One weekend I made a decision.
And that decision was to run away and join the circus…also known as Greece…for eight months…leaving my job, my cat and my house…yikes!
This year has been a BIG year for change. I need some space to process things and gain some perspective. And even start a new blog adventure!
In the process of going after this even BIGGER goal, I’m going to have to cut myself a bit of slack and let some of my 29 things slide to 2014.
I have completed 15! I’m over halfway through the list!
I think I can finish the flower challenge!
But I may have to let 13 or so things slide into next year.
08 5 / 2013
29 4 / 2013
01 4 / 2013
17 3 / 2013
13 3 / 2013
Ok – I’ve been celebrating my mini victories, but let’s get down to what still has to get done before July 5th 2013. I can divide the remaining list into three categories.
1. Plan is set, I’ve got this covered, and I’m not worried about getting this done.
2. Plan is vague, I think I’ll pull it off, but the vision is a little hazy right now.
3. Plan is non-existent, $#!*, what am I going to do?!?!?
So the plan is set for:
· Big run – I’m turning it into a big walk, May 4th and 5th, and for anyone who thinks this is a cop out, you can come and walk 100km with me and see how easy it is…I’m scared witless about this challenge.
· Triple state road trip – Road trip is booked in. We leave in May after the big walk.
· Visit the pink lakes – Road trip is booked in. We leave in May after the big walk.
· Drink a beer in Silverton – Road trip is booked in. We leave in May after the big walk.
· Glamping – Road trip is booked in. We leave in May after the big walk. Yes I’m squeezing this road trip for everything it’s got.
· Always have fresh flowers in the house – going strong.
· Read a small novel (100-200 pages) a month – started a book club, this should keep me on track to finish 5 more books before July.
· Read a book by a philosopher and discuss it with Claire – I’ve bought the book, I think I’ll read it while on leave in May.
The plan is vague for:
· Knit a jumper – I am going to Spotlight this weekend and having a “Needles and Netflix Night” with my friend Lisa to get me started. The plan is vague because thinking about fitting in “knitting time” makes me laugh…maybe while we’re “one the road”??
· Try 10 different styles of dance at Dance Central – this isn’t so hard, I just need to go to dance class! I can do this.
· Make a memory quilt, including every experience listed above – Trinah works miracles when she puts her mind to it, I’m sure we can pull this off together in June.
No plan! WTF?!?!
· (Mini) triathlon – gulp.
· Learn how to surf – summer is over…beach is looking less attractive…gulp.
· Flyer bomb a town – creativity is lacking…I don’t know…
· Learn to have a conversation in a new language – ha ha ha ha…I’m having trouble speaking English…need to figure out how I’m going to tackle this.
· Stay in a haunted house/explore haunted location – Need to talk to James (the challenger) about this…
10 3 / 2013
I have now finished watching 10 action movies - one more thing is DONE!
I finished with Commando. I cannot accurately describe just how ridiculous this movie is. Good thing most of you have probably seen it already, because it’s one of those “you gotta see it to believe it” type deals.
Arnie doesn’t get bigger, he is RIDICULOUSLY muscle bound. The plot could not be weaker or have more holes. The acting…well there was no acting, it was delivering of corny one liners and blowing things up. Luckily, it did make me laugh…a lot…so it was worth it for laughs.
And now I’m free of stupid action movie viewing, hooray!
07 3 / 2013
07 3 / 2013
06 3 / 2013